For some time now restaurants have been using kitchen and pantry apps to track food and ingredients, create timetables of likely food spoilage, track freshness, manage supply, and so much more. As you likely know, restaurants operate on a thin budgetary margin. Small losses over time can put even 5-star restaurants out of business in just a few years, if not faster. By using products like the Fridge Pal app, the Fridge Check app, the Pantry Check Android app, the Grocery Hero app, and many more- thousands of restaurants across the country and all over the globe have been able to save enough inventory and money to avoid bankruptcy, improve their offerings, and even expand their operations.
Over the last couple of years, these types of apps have become popular for home use as well. With their commercial success in the food and hospitality sectors, the developers of products like the Home Kitchen Management app and Freezer Inventory app Android, households all over the world have managed to save money, avoid wasteful spoilage, and keep the kitchen table an exciting place for all.
Here, we will discuss some of the best kitchen management apps of this year, last year, as well as one well-known player, the Cozzo All-in-One kitchen management app. We think you’ll find these software products interesting:
Pantry Inventory App Android
Managing a pantry for a large household can be a major undertaking, and, as every homemaker knows, there’s no end to this persistent chore. In the old days, the thing to do was to take a close look through the pantry, check everything for quantity and for freshness and put together a list of groceries to pick up at the local supermarket. But our appraisal of the state and needs of the kitchen pantry seem to change as we move from home to the store, and when we get there, we find that our list is inadequate or that there are things on it that you don’t really need.
But suppose an app running on your smartphone could tell you and show you what is in your pantry at that very moment? What if it could tell you whether things in the pantry are fresh, running low, or if you have enough of a specific item? It would make writing out grocery lists and guessing whether or not your list is correct a thing of the past. You might be surprised to learn that there are many such products in the Android and Apple apps stores that will do all these things and more.
- Pantry Inventory app Android: Manages inventory and keeps track of what you have and what you don’t.
- Food Inventory app Android: Keeps track of what you have, what you need, and tracks the freshness and use-by dates of products.
- Pantry app Android: Helps you know what is and what is not in your pantry and the state of it, whether it’s low, or approaching the use-by date.
- Pantry Check app for Android: Makes it easy to take a peek into your pantry when you’re out or at the store. Makes grocery list writing a thing of the past.
- Pantry Inventory app Android and iPhone: Available for both Android and iPhone, this versatile app does everything you could need in the way of pantry monitoring and management.
- Pantry Inventory app with Barcode Scanner Android: This innovative tool enables you to easily track food by simply scanning the barcode. After your phone has scanned the code, the app will automatically show you how close you are to the freshness date. Forget entering use by dates into your kitchen manager, and just let the pantry PI do it for you!
Food Inventory App 2020
This software technology really got its foothold in the domestic market in 2020, though it has been around for a few years now. There have been some important innovations over the last year, which we will discuss when we get to the section about the Cozzo Android app since it represents most if not all of the latest features of this type of software. But it’s worth talking about apps that were big sellers in the recent past. This is because even sub-state-of-the-art products have proven themselves to be massively useful. The world of kitchen management has been so long neglected that huge improvements could not help but be achieved with even the simplest food inventory tracker.
- Anylist: This handy pantry inventory app 2020 makes it easy to fill out and organize your grocery list and shop with confidence. It also lets you share your lists with friends and contacts to make cooking collaborations super easy. This was a big seller pantry inventory app Australia, well into the later months of 2020.
- Mealtime: This Swiss Army Knife of pantry manager apps makes it easy to make healthy lists based on your designated meal plans. This is a great tool if you know what meals you and yours prefer, and don’t want to have to think about all the different ingredients you need to complete your shopping. Just enter in your meal plan and Mealtime will give you a shopping list to make it a reality. This was a go-to restaurant food inventory app for people in the foodservice industry.
- Out of Milk: This app lets you take your grocery list with you wherever you go. It also allows users to make interactive shopping lists. You can create customized to-do lists and maintain an updated pantry inventory for easy reference. A winner in publications for domestic housekeeping best food inventory app 2020 which dominated the charts in the early months.
- Bring!: Manage and share your shopping list easily. Whether you're planning a party, making a list for everyday groceries, or putting together a big get-together, this handy app lets you create and share lists with everyone involved in the event’s planning. This was on the top of several pantry inventory app UK best-of lists for several months running.
- Flipp: Flipp lets you browse, filter, and locate great deals on weekly groceries by matching deals with coupons. Reviewers say Flipp makes saving money easier than ever. It’s a combo grocery-list app and deal-finder app to save you time and money!
- Our Groceries: Clean, simple, and easy to use, Our Groceries is perfect for busy families. Perfect for collaborating on lists, users can synchronize lists to check off or add items while shopping. It was voted the most popular food inventory app 2020 in numerous publications.
Pantry App 2020
Not only was 2020 a great year for food inventory manager apps, but it was also a high time for the developers of pantry management apps. It may seem like a tenuous distinction, but pantry management is a big deal when you’re tracking the freshness of products and putting together lists of ingredients necessary for specific recipes. Here are some of last year’s best pantry check apps.
- Fridge Pal: This pantry check app lets you create and share shopping lists. It keeps an inventory of what you have and provides notifications when items expire or are close to expiration. It will also sort necessary items based on category, search for recipes, and even help you to plan meals.
- Epicurious: This clever pantry app 2020 accesses recipes based on what items you have available at the moment. It can create lists based on recipes you want to try, and provide step-by-step instructions for specific recipes. It’s a great way to save money based on what you have by helping you to not let things go to waste.
- Fresh Box: This innovative pantry app with barcode scanner android has the ability to make shopping lists based on what’s in your fridge. You can receive notifications when items are about to expire and it will help you to properly store certain types of food. This was one of the most popular pantry apps with barcode scanners in the UK in 2020, and it remains popular today.
Finally, we come to what might be the most advanced kitchen manager app available today. The Cozzo app does everything mentioned above and more. Known as the “all in one, waste-free kitchen manager,” Cozzo does;
- Food inventory: Keep a running list of what you have, what you need, and organize them fully.
- Shopping lists: Advanced and interactive shopping lists help ensure you get what you need, what you want, and little else while saving money.
- Recipe book: Create recipes based on what you have, receive recipes based on what you want to try and get help making the most out of all those odd items you have on hand.
- Expiration tracking: Never let good food go to waste, and never accidentally use something that isn’t good anymore. Cozzo tracks it all with its barcode management feature which enables so much of what this powerful app does so well.
- Receipt & Barcode management: Scan your food items with your phone as you pick them up or as you store them, and Cozzo creates a running list of what you have, what you want, what you like, as well as how all of this fits into your meal plan.
- Smart Products: This innovative feature integrates with more than 1500 food products designed to keep your kitchen running on all cylinders no matter what you have got, or what you have not.
The Cozzo app is available on Android, for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. It is easily one of the most versatile kitchen management apps for home use. We think it is best for home kitchen users, but it’s likely that smart restaurant managers will make clever use of it as well.
App for Home Chefs | App for Home Food | App for Selling Home Cooked Food | App to Sell Homemade Food | Bookkeeping Software for Food Businesses | Ecommerce for Home Kitchen Business | Food Costing Software | Home Kitchen Management App | Home Kitchen Management Platform | Home Kitchen Management Software
Sick of dealing with messy spreadsheets? Tired of wading through Instagram DMs? Manage your independent food business on Castiron, the only platform built to simplify the lives of cottage cooks and food artisans. Streamline ordering, customer communication, and set up an e-commerce website — it's 100% free.